Halvorsen 40 – Colorado Information
|Location||QLD||Make||Halvorsen||Length||40ft | 12.8m|
|Length||40ft | 12.8m|
Whilst maintaining the original character and styling, which Halvorsen’s are still admired and loved, Colorado’s refit ensured that she will be cruising for many years to come.
Improvements have included items such as;
- New 160hp Yanmar engines, gear boxes, alternators, propellers, shafts, exhaust system, engine controls and instruments installed in 2017.
- Engine room refurbished
- Hot water system and fresh water plumbing replaced
- Electric toilet, toilet pump, macerator pump, black water holding tank and skin fittings replaced.
- Bilge pumps and hoses replaced.
- Fiber-glassed the hull and hull bottom and replaced stern and rudder tubes and all skin fittings
- External varnish stripped and re-varnished all exterior brightwork
- Cabin windows replaced with new tinted glass sliding windows installed.
- Simrad NSS multifunction Sounder and GPS plotter with touch screen navigation charts (Navionics Silver Charts) installed.
- Simrad VHF radio installed
- Simrad auto pilot with repeater on flybridge installed.
- New hydraulic steering fitted.
- Original timber decking removed and replaced with new marine plywood underdeck and non slip fiberglass decks
- Replaced saloon galley and forward deck heads (ceiling)
- New forward cabin fitted
- Teak and holly flooring laid in the galley and forward compartment
- New forward hatch installed
- Stove, gas installation and gas detector all upgraded.
- Refrigeration upgraded
- New sound system installed.
A fantastic cruiser for entertaining family and friends with a great one level saloon and aft deck and equally perfect for cruising the bay or running up and down the coast.
For the classic boat enthusiastic that doesn’t want to contend with the issues relating to aging machinery and system plus the expense of undertaken an expensive refit, Colorado must be considered.
Available for inspection in Brisbane by appointment. Please contact Garth or Andrew Fielding for further details or to arrange a viewing.